Confident, Creative, Curious and Caring
These four words form the basis of everything we do. Our children develop a sound understanding of what they mean…
Confident- Our school is a place where we can experiment and take risks in order that we might better ourselves and the world we live in. We encourage our children to develop as confident learners who enjoy challenge and are resilient.
Creative – Our children are supported to become creative individuals who can problem solve and think creatively.
Curious - Children are encouraged to investigate and learn about the world around them. Curious minds ignite a passion for learning.
Caring – We care for each other and celebrate our differences, achievements, and contributions to the world. We treat everyone with kindness and generosity and respect. We help people in need and are sensitive to people’s feelings.
“Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.” (Luke 6:31)
Our Christian Values –
What is distinctive about a Christian school is to do with ethos, the atmosphere and the way in which people feel valued.
These values flow through the very fabric of our school ethos. We believe strongly that our pupils’ understanding of these values will enable them to participate fully in modern, multi-cultural Britain.
Democracy The rule of law
Individual liberty Mutual respect
Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
We will give children fulfilling learning opportunities as well as nurturing social, emotional and moral wellbeing whilst we serve our Church and our community.
At Orchard we believe in …
- Encouraging children to work as cooperative team players.
- Promoting the mental health and wellbeing of our staff and pupils.
- Creating a broad range of inspiring experiences.
- Promoting an inclusive environment and celebrating diversity.
- Having high expectations in behaviour and work.
- Playing a central role in the community.
- A broad, balanced, and challenging curriculum.
- A stimulating, well-resourced learning environment.
- A partnership of mutual support between school, home, church, and the community.