- Grey trousers, shorts, pinafore, skirt or culottes – blue gingham dresses are also acceptable in the summer
- White polo shirt, shirt or blouse
- Navy Blue Orchard sweatshirt or cardigan
- Plain socks or tights in black, white, navy or grey
- Plain black shoes/trainers
We discourage all children from wearing any jewellery in school for health and safety reasons and all jewellery must be removed for P.E. sessions. The school does not accept any responsibility for lost or damaged items.
Footwear: black shoes or plain black trainers (without any logo)
Black plimsolls and black outdoor trainers. No logos please.
The school has a small stock of uniform available (sweaters, cardigans, polo shirts and P.E. T-shirts). Please order using +Pay on your PMX account. Your order will then be sent home with your child. Anyone in receipt of pupil premium should complete an order form and hand it in to the office together with their pupil premium card.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q Why bother with a school uniform review?
It came to the attention of the governing body that a substantial number of parents and other members of our community felt the variation of styles of clothing worn by pupils at Orchard were making them look untidy. This was especially noticeable on school trips, visits and at events.
Q Is school uniform really that important anyway?
The governing body believes that a school uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of a school and helping to set an appropriate tone. It can:
- encourage an identity with, and support for, the school ethos
- ensure that pupils of all races and backgrounds feel welcome and included
- protect children from the pressures to dress in a particular way
- help promote good relations between different groups of pupils
Q My child is in year 6 next year, do I really have to provide a new uniform?
We hope that parents will be keen to support the new simplified uniform requirements and will make every effort to ensure their children are correctly dressed.
Q Why do we have to buy a sweatshirt with the school logo on when we can purchase a plain navy sweatshirt much cheaper?
To ensure a tidy and uniform identity governors wish all pupils to wear a school sweatshirt which has the school logo on it. To reduce the financial impact, Mrs Heathcote has worked very hard with suppliers to negotiate a more competitive price.